Ecopetrol designed a Technology Strategy focused on attracting and retaining exceptional human talent, which seeks to capture more value through innovation and achieve a competitive company based on four routers. These will allow Ecopetrol to break technological barriers to increase reserves, increase its operations efficiency, move towards the energy transition and carbon-neutrality, and the digital transformation of its operations and processes from the fourth industrial revolution.
Breaking down technological barriers to growth in reserves:
- Exploratory success in areas of complex geology and development of fields with technological barriers.
- Reduction of the "break-even" in the development of strategic fields.
- Feasibility of the exploitation of non-conventional deposits
- Development of Offshore discoveries.
- Extension of the economic limit of fields.
- Energy efficiency in operations.
- Refinery optimization to improve fuel quality
- Efficient and profitable production of petrochemicals and plant optimization.
- Excellence in transportation and solution of future restrictions.
- We have customized crude oil blends.
Energy transition and carbon-neutrality
- Energy diversification (solar, geothermal, and green hydrogen)
- Optimal use of water (re-use, agro-industrial use, optimal quality).
- C02 capture and utilization, fugitive emission abatement, and zero tidal burns.
- Petrochemicals from oil waste (asphalt binders, fossil puddles, carbon fiber, etc.)
- Co-processing of bio-oils in refining and stable and profitable production of ethanol and biodiesel.