Upon accepting the position as members of the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol S.A., the Directors sign the form “Information and duties statement for members of the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol S.A.”, which includes, among others, the following:
“I promise to fulfill the duties and responsibilities inherent to my position and, above all, with the following:
- Acknowledge I am subject to the liability regime for administrators of commercial companies established in Articles 23 and subsequent of Law 222 of 1995.
- Before beginning my duties as a Board member, complete the induction program prepared by the administration in order to be knowledgeable on the Company’s financial and operating conditions.
- Participate in the training programs prepared by the administration for the members of the Board of Directors.
- Know and apply the Corporate Bylaws, the Corporate Governance Code, the regulations of the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol and the regulations of the committees comprising the latter, as well as the following support documents of the Business Compliance Program: Code of Ethics and Conduct; handbooks, procedures, and instructions regulating compliance risks (fraud, corruption, bribery, money laundering, financing of terrorism, violations of the FCPA Act); the internal norms regulating the issues of gifts, entertainment, and hospitality; conflict of interest, disqualifications, incompatibilities, and prohibitions.
- Encourage and support the activities of the Business Compliance Program, monitor these and the measures adopted, especially in relation to money laundering and financing of terrorism risks.
- During my respective tenure, guarantee compliance with the profile defined in article 21 of the bylaws for the members of the Board of Directors of Ecopetrol: << The members of the Board of Directors will be committed to the Company's corporate vision and must at least meet the following requirements: (i) have knowledge and experience in the activities inherent to the Company's corporate purpose and/or have knowledge and experience in the following fields: industrial and/or commercial, financial, corporate risks, stock market, administrative, legal or related science activities; (ii) have more than 15 years of professional experience; (iii) enjoy a good reputation and be recognized for their professional competence and integrity; and (iv) not belong simultaneously to more than five (5) boards of directors of corporations (Sociedades Anónimas), including Ecopetrol’s Board. In addition, gender, diversity, and inclusion criteria will be taken into consideration when comprising the Board of Directors. (...) >>.
- Strictly comply with the Internal Regulations of the Board of Directors, especially those related to the principles guiding the actions of the Members of the Board of Directors.
- Be knowledgeable regarding Ecopetrol's Internal Control System, which seeks to provide reasonable guarantees for the achievement of the organization’s objectives.
- Be aware of the existence of the mechanisms established by Ecopetrol to report ethical situations or concerns or report complaints, and use them appropriately.
- Report situations that may create a conflict of interest, disqualification, incompatibility to adopt the necessary measures according to internal procedures, or disclose the situation if uncertain.
- Comply with the procedure established for negotiating Ecopetrol shares, requesting authorization for the sale and purchase of shares carried out directly or through an intermediary. As of the time I am aware of a Public Offer of Acquisition (POA, or other relevant operations such as mergers or spin-offs, I commit not to negotiate Ecopetrol shares either directly or indirectly through an intermediary.
- Be present at least 80% of the total number of meetings of the Board of Directors and its Committees scheduled for each year during the appointed tenure period.”